Konichiwa! Today on Cooking Across the Globe 🌏 we felt we needed something fresh, light and vegetarian. So to satisfy two hungry boys, we decided to whip up some veggie sushi, edamame and a big bowl of tofu miso soup. The sake was NOT for the kids, someone gave that to the sushi chef as a tip! The food 🍣 hit the spot on this cold, wet day in Rhode Island.
- 6 sheets sushi seaweed aka nori
- 1 batch prepared sushi rice
- 1/2 lb sushi-grade raw salmon or desired raw fish of choice
- 4 oz cream cheese sliced into strips
- 1 avocado sliced
- soy sauce for serving
- Place the seaweed on a bamboo mat, then cover the sheet of seaweed with an even layer of prepared sushi rice. Smooth gently with the rice paddle.
- Layer salmon (we use carrots and cucumbers), cream cheese, and avocado on the rice, and roll it up tightly. Slice with a sharp knife, and enjoy with soy sauce.